Acne is common among teenagers especially girls. There is some strange connection between acne and teenagers. During those growing years when one wants to look the best, acne in some ensures that this isn’t be the same. Right? How many of us have faced acne during our teen years and really cursed it for targeting our face. Not a pleasant sight at all.
More Acne in Detail,
Acne is also known as pimple, zit or spot. They are tiny skin eruptions on the face with reddish marks due to excess oil in the pores of the skin. Each of us has a different skin type, mostly being oily or dry. Now for people, who have dry skin, need not fret about pimples. It doesn’t happen to their skin type at all. It is those with oily skin that need to be anxious about pimples outburst on their skin, especially the face. The inflammation that arises on the face is due to sebaceous glands which produce a substance called sebum. Due to excessive functioning of sebaceous glands, sebum release increases and hence causing acne. Oily skin type has hyper active oil producing glands which cause the unnecessary outrage on the face.
Most of the times, acne targets the face. Especially the cheeks and forehead. Very rarely do we have it on our nose or chin. Thank God for small mercies in life. But most of the damage is already done when acne decides to erupt on your cheeks and foreheads, thus covering most of our face. There are red spots with inflammation that gets formed and it always occurs in a huge number. They are very painful and infectious in nature. That’s acne for you!
Remedies available – Medical Way,
- There are a lot of OTC (Over The Counter) products available in the market. They are available in both cream and gel based forms. Depending on the acne, use the medication as advised
- If the acne is excessive, please consult a dermatologist who will suggest treatments for the same
- Maintain a good hygiene by washing your face regularly with mild face wash. Ensure you gently dab the areas
Naturally a suggestion,
- Apply lemon juice on your face before going to bed
- Try ice packs for your face
- Inhale steam
- Turmeric is an ancient healer
Final Do’s and don’ts,
- Use a mild face wash
- Dab your face gently
- Ensure hygiene
- Regularly wash your face
- Drink lots of water
- Wash your hands regularly and keep free from germs
- Never try to burst the pimple, they leave scars
- Do not use the same cloth every time
- Do not prick the acne with any sharp instrument
- Be careful, it is infectious, do not touch them with unclean hands
Having said all this, we know that pimples tend to leave a scar. Please be careful with scars on your face because they damage the skin. Acne tends to leave scars behind either small or lost – lasting. Ensure a safe treatment and take care of your skin.
Zoe Saldana quotes, “Glamour is about feeling good in your in your own skin”!View Post